Stoov works slightly different from other heat pillows or blankets. That makes our products extra special and you will notice that you will benefit from this more than just a nice heated pillow, so double the benefit!
What makes Stoov different?
Unlike other heating elements in a pillow or blanket, Stoov works with infrared heat. This is a form of heat radiation that heats the body from the inside. The radiation is not visible to the human eye, but it is palpable because it generates heat. The infrared rays penetrate deeper into the skin, up to 4 cm. This warms the body from the inside out and makes it feel like you are lying in the sun on a hot summer day. It may sound strange, but it is completely safe. It is even safer than a normal heating cushion, because the Stoov cushions are built-in with a timer and thermostat and will turn off automatically when the product gets too hot! Simply put: Stoov pillows and blankets have the same heating effect as when you are out in the sun, even when it is raining and storming outside!
More than just heat
Infrared has more good effects than just a nice warm feeling. In addition to heating, infrared light has been proven to improve blood circulation, reduce pain, reduce joint stiffness, reduce inflammation, and revitalize the skin.
Is Stoov safe to use?
Yes, our products are safe to use (also for pets).
We take your safety seriously. That is why every product is equipped with an overheating protection thermostat. The thermostat will temporarily turn off the heat generation when the actual temperature in the heating element becomes too high. This will prevent your Stoov® from running at too high temperatures.
Every Stoov® also has an Auto-off function, which turns the product off automatically after 8 hours of use.
Although our products are tested and safe to use, we do not recommend people with a pacemaker to use our products or women during their pregnancy. The appliance must also not be used by persons insensitive to heat and vulnerable persons who are unable to react to overheating. When in doubt, please contact a medical specialist to be sure.
Our signature line comes in many different colours, and will suit any household.
If you are searching for a more refined look, our Knitted line offers a fine alternative.
Our Woolly is made of a soft woollen fabric and gives an extra cozy and warm feeling to your home.
How to get your Stoov ready to use?
To assemble your Ploov, watch the following video or read the steps below:
1. Connect the battery to the cushion and twist the connector to lock it
2. Slide the battery into the battery pocket.
3. Pull the cover over the cushion and put the label through the opening
4. Connect the charger to your Stoov
5. Push the power button to turn on the heat and push again to set your desired heating level
To assemble your Big Hug (XL), watch the following video or read the steps below:
1. Open the zipper on the back of your Big Hug
2. Connect the battery to the Big Hug and twist the connector to lock it
3. Open the velcro of the battery pocket
4. Slide the battery into the battery pocket
5. Push the power button to turn on the heat and push again to set your desired heating level
6. Put the charging cable in the charger and connect the magnetic connector to the Stoov® Smartlabel
1. Plug the charger into the socket
2. Connect the other end of the charger to the backside of the Stoov® Smartlabel.
3. Connect the adapter to the outlet.
4. The charging indicator light on the Stoov® Smartlabel will blink to indicate your Stoov® is charging. When the indicator light on the Stoov® Smartlabel stops blinking and is shining constantly, the battery is fully charged.
NB: You can also use your Stoov® while it is charging. Charging will take a little longer.
To check the status of your battery, hold the power button in the Stoov® Smartlabel for 2 seconds. Thereafter, the light display will show how much power your battery has left:
• 3 lights = 70-100% charged
• 2 lights = 30-70% charged
• 1 light = 0-30% charged
To clean your Stoov, switch off the product and remove the outer cover. Clean the outer cover according to the washing instructions on the care label. These instructions can differ depending on the outer cover your Stoov has.
Please mind never to use water on the inner cushion and/or other electronic parts of your Stoov, just as you wouldn't with any other electronic equipment! KEEP DRY, DO NOT WASH.
PDF of manual
Charging & using your Stoov
When the pillow is completely empty it takes 2-3 hours to charge it completely. (while using the original Stoov® charger)
Depending on the Stoov® product you are using, the ambient temperatures, the heat level you use on your Stoov®, and the battery's health status your discorded Stoov may run up to 6 hours.*
See the infograph below for more information.
Fixing a problem
Most likely, your Stoov is (still) in 'Deep Sleep mode'. You can easily wake it up by following these steps:
1. Disconnect the battery from your Stoov;
2. Connect the charger to the label on your Stoov;
3. Wait until the charging light on the label is on steadily (this will take a few seconds).
4. Reconnect the battery and your Stoov is awake again!
If your Stoov doesn't charge or doesn't charge propery, this can have several causes.
First, check that that charger light comes on as soon as you plug it in. IF this is the case, you can often solve the charging problems by performing a reset.
1. Make sure your Stoov is connected to the charging cable
2. Press and hold the power button for at least 10 seconds
3. Leave your Stoov connected to the charger for at least one hour
If your charger shows no green or red light or the reset did not work, click here.
If you believe your Stoov® is not warming properly, please try one of the following tips:
- First, try to understand if your Stoov® is getting less hot than it should be. To understand what are normal temperatures for your Stoov®, these are our temperature levels:
- Low: approx 34°C
- Mid: approx 38°C
- High: approx 42°C
This may not tell you a lot, but what you can do is remove the outer cover and press your hand hard on the heating element. First let your Stoov warm up for 5 minutes and then press your hand on it for 30 seconds.
If you do not feel the warmth, please check the following steps.
- Is your charger working and connected?
You can check this by connecting the charger, if a light turns on blinking or constantly, the charger works.
- Check if your battery is properly connected.
You can do this by removing the outer cover and checking if your battery is properly connected to the cable of the heating element. Make sure you twist the connectors till it locks.
- Check if your battery is fully charged.
You can do this by holding the power button while your Stoov is on, for around 20 seconds. If one light shines, it means your battery is between 0-30%, if two lights shine it means 30-70% and three lights means 70-100%.
- Reset your cushion by following these steps:
1. Reset your Stoov®, by pressing the power button for 10 seconds. Hold the power button until the lights disappear. After the lights have disappeared, wait 1 minute.
2. Charge your Stoov® completely. Do not interrupt the charging process by unplugging your charging cable. If you accidentally unplug your Stoov® before it is fully charged, reset and try again.
3. Check if your Stoov® is warming up now properly.
If these tips did not help, please click here.
If the indicator lights on your Stoov are not working, please check:
1. Disconnect the battery and reconnect it. Twist to lock.
2. Charge battery
3. No light on the charger? Please click here.
If your Stoov runs out quicker than stated in the table below, please contact us here.
Ordering your Stoov
When you are in our webshop:
1. Go to the product of your choice
2. Click on the large "Add to cart" button.
3. You are now being directed to your Shopping Cart.
4. Fill in a discount code in the “Enter discount code” text box
5. Check your Shopping Cart and click on “Checkout” to continue.
6. Log in to your account or continue as a guest
7. Fill in your details
8. Choose a shipping method
9. Choose your payment method
10. Click on “Buy” and you will be redirected to the payment method of your choice
11. Pay according to your payment method and you will return to stoov.com
12. Congratulations, you placed an order!
13. You will get a confirmation mail with all the info of your order.
14. We will pack your Stoov as soon as possible and send it to you.
15. Enjoy your Stoov!
Please note that without payment your order will not be shipped to you.
Paypal, Visa, Mastercard and Amercian Express.
If you want to cancel your order, please contact us as soon as possible (e.g. via the chat). If this is not possible you can return the product via this link
In your Shopping Cart there is a section called "Enter discount code".
Your delivery includes all the items you need to get your Stoov up and running. This includes:
- The Stoov product of your choice
- A battery
- A 12V DC charger
Here are a couple of tips that may help:
- Create a mystoov account. Via a mystoov account you can pay for your open order
- Try ordering via a computer or laptop, and not a phone
Still no luck? Reorder your product. An order is only confirmed when the payment is successful.
The information about our shipping costs can be found on the following page.
Sorry about that. If the product you are interested in is not in stock at the moment, you can sign up to receive an email alert through our webshop.
When you are in the webshop and on the 'page' of your desired product, under the "out of stock" information button, you can click on the "send me an email when available" button in the right corner of your screen.
When you fill out your email information, you will be notified as soon as the product is back in stock again! That way you do not have to miss out again.
Home try-out & Returning
Heat and heating are a personal preference. That is why we think it is important that you can try out your Stoov® heating product at home. Like this, you can experience the heat in your own environment.
If you don’t like the Stoov®, you can sign up for a return and return it within 30 days after you have ordered the Stoov®. For more information about returns click here.
When you return a product, the costs are for your own account. The reason we chose to do this, is that we care about the environment. We do not encourage people to buy and return our products, without being sure of it. This will only cause people to return more, which means more products have to be moved from place to place. This increases emission of CO2, which is bad for the environment.
We will refund the purchase amount within 14 days after receiving your product in good order.
If the product is damaged or visibly used more than is necessary to try the product, then we can pass on the value reduction of the product to you. Treat the Stoov® with care and ensure that it is properly packaged for a return.
Your Stoov® comes with a 2 year warranty period that runs from the moment of purchase. This includes all the technology running your Stoov, from the inner pillow to the charger. However, this does not include wear parts such as the battery and the fabric on your Stoov®. These parts only come with 1 year of warranty.